Daily tutorials brought to you for Free, as part of the Make Professional 2d games with Godot Kickstarter campaign
Learn monster design for video games in this free tutorial series! We’ll use Mario and Final Fantasy XIV as references.
Learn the basics of the Godot game engine and make a simple platform game prototype.
Learn how to use Krita, a free award-winning painting program. This 6 hours long tutorial series is completely free!
Discover Game Art Quest
This course will show the techniques professionals use to create beautiful game art with Krita, a free painting program.
new pro course
General tutorials about digital art and game sprites. Learn more about colors and tricks you can use on the computer.
- 5 tricks to spot painting mistakes on your own
- Live 003 - 2 More Button Drawing Techniques
- 3 Techniques to Draw Professional Mobile Game Buttons
- Creating Appealing Color Palettes 2
- Creating Appealing Color Palettes 1
- Picking Strong Colors with Hue Shifting
- A First Look at Colors
- 6 Principles of Visual Design
- Designing a cute character
- Drawing Game Assets with Selections
- How to Sketch Game Assets
- Mastering Silhouettes in Photoshop
- How to design professional looking mobile game buttons
- How to 30 min Speedpainting = The Salamander
- How to analyze and paint clouds
- Understanding Clouds for Digital Painters
In these videos, we explore how games are made. No code here: the focus is enterily on the design and how games work.
- Overview of Simple Collisions Types in 2d games
- Movement Analysis - Ori and the Blind Forest
- Movement in platform Games
- Game Engines= what are they and how to choose the right one?
- Collision checks on a grid
- Exploring grid-based movement
- The preproduction of a small game
- 6 Tips for a successful Game Jam
- Game Design Quest - Intro
Digital Art with Krita
Learn to paint and create game art with this award-winning, open source digital painting program!
- How to use Krita for Pixel Art
- Painting with Krita - The Game Asset Workflow
- How to paint rocks for games - part 1
- How to Paint Rocks for Games - part 2
- How to Paint Rocks for Games - part 3
- Krita Animation tutorial - the animation tools in Krita 2.9 Beta
- Overview of the Instant Preview beta in Krita 2.9
- Krita's New Features since v2.9.5
- Krita Quick Tips - Convert any Brush to Pixel Art
- 7 tips to master HD index painting with Krita
- HD Index Painting With Krita
- Painting with Krita - Getting Started
- Painting with Krita - Getting Started part 2
- Krita 2.9 review and overview of the key features
- How to make your own brushes in Krita 3
- Krita 3 release livestream
- How to Draw a Life Bar in Krita part 1
- How to Draw a Life Bar in Krita - part 2
- Krita 2.9 - Using the Tangent Normal Brush
- Krita 2.9 - Flowmap Painting Example
- Krita 2.9 - Overview of the Tangent Normal Brush Engine
Tools and resources to make games.
- 13 free Open Source software to make your games!
- My 8 best game design resources
- 7 Books to Explore Game Creation in Greater Depth
- 12 handy free productivity tools for game designers
- Cut Out Animation Tools: Blender add-on overview
- PureRef: a free reference board for artists!
- Picasa: a tool to build your reference library