What will I learn in this course?
- How to make beautiful 2d game assets with a painterly style
- The process professionals follow, from the concept art to the finished assets
- Art fundamentals such as value and color contrast
On top of that, if you buy the premium version, you will get step by step exercise sheets and create your own game mockup, ready to use in the game engine of your choice!
Check out this free video from the course and get a sense for the content:
The training is available in 3 versions
For the occasional painter and those with a limited budget.
The essential content from the training. You will get the more practical videos, everything related to actually producing the game assets.
The most popular option. For hobbyists, students and aspiring professionals.
Get all of the essentials, plus:
- Fundamental training on the principles of design
- Techniques to make nondestructive selections in Krita
- Video demos based on the art of the games Pankapu and Seasons: After Fall
For those who want to go in depth.
You get everything from the Essentials and Pro versions, plus:
- Exclusive videos
- Step-by-step assignments with extra tips
- PDF course documents
- Priority support
- Access to the GDquest premium Discord server
You have some experience with drawing and digital art. If you don’t know how to use Krita, I made a FREE Krita tutorial series. It’s more than 6 hours long! In this course, you will learn the tools you need to work comfortably and efficiently with the program.
Krita is an award winning, free and open source painting program. It is available on all desktop platforms (Windows, Mac, Linux). You can download it on the Krita foundation’s website.
To those who made this possible
I want to thank the 424 Kickstarter backers who made this project possible from the bottom of my heart! Thanks to these persons, tens of thousands of people got hours of free education for Krita, and many discovered this wonderful program. This would not have been possible without you. GDquest would not have been possible without you. Many thanks!
I'm a courteous game designer, with a taste for open source. I'll share all I know.